Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thirsty Thursday - Confessions

Obviously MARvelous

My thanks to Mar for hosting the blog hop!

I noticed something today as I was leaving work about an hour late: I miss girlfriend get-togethers. The other day, I happened to stumble in an unexpected afternoon with three other girls; we hung out, and several bottles of wine later (none for me since I was driving), I was elated.

Today, I closed the office with two of my co-workers, after which we spent some time chatting about the latest TV-shows, relationships, children, and whatever. I don't know if it's the spontaneity, which doesn't happen much any more with two little girls, or spending time with women my age without the little ones; not sure, but I enjoyed the time.

I know that Richard keeps telling me to take more time for myself; but to be honest, at the weekends I just cannot get myself to leave the girls alone. He deserves a break, and I need the time with them. Until a few weeks ago I didn't even miss time with my own friends, most of whom live at least an hour away. But ever since this afternoon I realized, that I need girl's time. Whether it is joking about motherhood, talking men and relationships, or just about TV, movies, and fashion (a bottle of wine doesn't hurt either).

3 comments:

  1. I really wish I had true girlfriends that I could hang with and have good chats and all. instead of chicks thru cell phones. it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not! The funny thing is that I didn't even know that I'Ve missed it until I hung out with these three ladies. But honestly, it's almost difficult to find fun girls to hang out with. We were a Scot, a Canadian, an American and a German ex-expat sitting in a house in Erlangen, Germany, what are the odds :-) Hope you find a group of girls to hang out with. Just try real-life events for things you like (game days, comic cons, anime cons, book clubs, etc.) to meet new people..

      Delete
  2. It is truly hard to make time for girlfriend get-togethers. Especially, since the the girls I talk with do not have children. I'm usually the one tired, so tired, when someone mentions a get-together. But I know that I have got to make time for myself. Putting that on my TO-Do List for ME.

    Sharon
    http://makeitorfixit.com

    ReplyDelete