Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New TV Shows Of 2013 - Take It Or Leave It?

My husband is a very picky TV-consumer. And if I say picky, he can sit next to me and bicker for an hour before telling me that he will NEVER watch another episode of this show again. And that's for at least 85% of all movies and shows he watches. So, the other day he checked out the new shows that just premiered and decided to give the following ones a try:

Cult: a journalist blogger and production assistant investigate a series of mysterious disappearances linked to a popular TV show named "Cult".
source: Wikipedia (image & text)

Cracked: The show features the cases the Psych Crimes and Crisis unit; the members of this newly-built specialty force are, amonth others, a cop who is being transferred from his Emergency Task Force due to PTSD and a psychiatrist.
source: Wikipedia (image)

The Following: A former FBI agent finds himself in the middle of a network of serial killers, where a diabolical serial killer uses his charisma and the Internet to create the network.
source: Wikipedia (image & text)
 Vikings: The story of Ragnar Lodbrok, one of the best-known Norse heroes inspired this show; Ragnar is portrayed as a farmer who pioneers the first daring raids into Britain with the support of fellow warriors, his brother, and his wife, the shieldmaiden Lagertha.

 Have you seen any of these shows? Do you like them? Which new show do you recommend?

8 comments:

  1. Be sure to check out the blog hop today. I think it's gonna be a good one.
    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/04/child-hood-books-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish the Cracked one was an insight into the people behind the website Cracked.com, that would have been a lot more fun. Given I live in Australia we don't get all the same shows down here, but they are advertising the heck out of The Following at the moment, so I'm looking forward to seeing what that one is like. Plus I love Kevin Bacon so any excuse to watch him is always good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in Germany, so we're not having the US shows either, so we're watching them online. Watched the premiere episode of The Following last night, and oh, the reviews were very low on the Richard-o-meter. Yes, the premise is kind of stupid, and Kevin Bacon storming that shed and noticing "oh $h!t, I have no gun!!!!" was face-palm worthy. I personally would give it another one or two episodes, just to see where they are going to go with that, but the Mr. put it on the black list of TV-shows, so I guess not...

      Delete
  3. Hi Stephanie,

    My show just ended their season - The Walking Dead. Yep... into that stuff. LOL! Stop by the blog hop I didn't know I was co-hosting :)

    http://thewonderingbrain.blogspot.com/2013/04/linkin-with-my-ladies-hop-9.html

    Would love to have you there and meet some more awesome bloggers!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I'll make sure to stop by and link up!

      I've heard so much of "The Walking Dead", maybe I should coax the Mr. into downloading that one. Or I just put it on our urgent-list at LoveFilm without telling him :-)

      Delete
  4. Husband and I watch Cult, The Following, and Vikings. I think the lead character in Vikings is SUPER HOT. LOL. I even told husband that he is HOT. haha.

    LOVE VIKINGS! And to me, Cult, and The Following are really similar... I like The Following better than Cult. But I keep watching! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard hated The Following. He's still bitching about it, and yes, it doesn't make sense. I'll make sure to check out Vikins :-)

      Delete