Friday, May 31, 2013

Movie Night


Finish the Sentence Friday


It's Friday! I've been trying to take care of the hubbie the last few days, who has had oral surgery on Wednesday; of course, he didn't want me to take care of him, so at least I tried to give him space. He's had two bad nights without sleep (only Ibuprofen 400, no good American drugs for the poor guy), but got out his tubes today, and a good dinner in his belly, so I hope for a better night tonight.

Lily is still asking where Daddy's teeth were, since he should put them under his pillow so the tooth fairy could bring him some presents for being a good boy.

And since it's already Friday, I'm linking up with Janine for Finish the Sentence Friday. Today's cue:

Your favorite movie of all time is...

Source
nuff said  :-)

14 comments:

  1. I really like that one too. Full of great lines to borrow and use in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so classic. There are good movies along the way, but rarely ones with staying power like that one..

      Delete
  2. Forrest Gump is such a classic! I hope your hubby is able to get some good rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! He actually did have a better night, and even let me sleep in this morning (sorts of).

      Delete
  3. excellent choice of (representative) scene from this movie!
    Have seen it (Forrest Gump) a number of times... a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Forest Gump, too and must say I have totally seen that one quite e few times, but then again most Tom Hanks movies have always been worthy of more then a few views. I hope your husband is feeling better Stephanie and that you get a better night's sleep tonight. Sending good thoughts your way and thanks again fro linking up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Can't wait to watch all those movies with the girls when they're just a tad bit older!

      Delete
  5. Oh, some of the best quotes from all time come from Forrest Gump. Great link up! "Life is like a box of chocolates" and also? The whole..."fried shrimp, broiled shrimp, shrimp ____" forever...was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's actually a Bubba Gumps restaurant in Hawaii. If you manage to answer 3 questions from the movie correctly, you eat for free. And according to the Mr., the 3rd question is always near impossible to answer...

      Delete
  6. Hope the hubby is better and I love your daughter's thoughts on getting presents for having his teeth removed. And Forrest Gump - well of course it's awesome. I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I know what love is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Lily was pretty disappointed when her Daddy told her that he did not bring home his teeth ;-)

      That is one of the best Forrest Gump quotes, makes me tear up each time!

      Delete
  7. Yes indeed a good one ... Forgot about that one ...

    Warm regards
    Collette Merritt (Zenith Thinking)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should drop some major hints to the hubby to get me this movie for yule this year.. Thanks for stopping by, Collette!

      Delete