Thursday, July 18, 2013

Things That Happen Around Here

Our life is fun, crazy, and sometimes somewhere on the edge of insanity. Work was extremely busy today, almost to the point of admitting myself to the next mental institution (or massage therapist) after a courier delivered a hot mess to my desk, yahoo! Hope that we're finally popping open the chapmagne tomorrow!

When I got home, the hubby had yummie stuffed zucchini in the oven, and while the goodness finished baking, the girls and I whisked up a batch of banana muffins, since the oven was already pre-heated and we had some bananas ready to be turned into muffins in our fruit basket.

After dinner, the girls and I headed downstairs for some play outside. Just after getting out the door, Violet decided that she had to go potty and went back up. As she was climbing up the stairs and took off her shoes, she suddenly let out her tell-tale sqeaking, and when I had caught up with her, I just caught her tinkling right in my shoe. Thanks a lot, Sweetie! The poor little thing was so embarrassed she started crying, I just couldn't be mad. I carried her into the tub and rinsed her off before taking care of the clothes and my shoes.

Back outside, poor Violet promptly fell and scraped her second knee, just in time for the wedding on Saturday. They will look so perfect in their cute little dresses with scraped knees and bruises  ;-)

Bath and bed time was uneventful, and I were finally able to put on my brand-new Asics and go for a run with my neighbor. Well, it did not go well. I had to stop after only about 4 or 5k because my leg was hurting and giving way under me. The game plan right now is to rest the next two days due to D&D night tomorrow and the wedding on Saturday, see how it goes Sunday, and if it hasn't gotten better, I'll be back at my doctor's office on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed that it won't be anything serious.

tomorrow  ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed that the appointment goes well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen!! I hope that it heals by itself, but I know that I will have to make sure that I'm fit again before pushing too hard, which I tend to do. Hugs to you!! You're such an inspiration to me when it comes to running, and beyond that!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have had a rather eventful day. Poor girl, having an accident and scraping her knee. I hope that your leg is feeling better soon

    Kimbra @ Mommys Rambles


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violet tends to be VERY accident-prone, poor thing, so it's not new to us. Luckily, the flower girl dresses hid the knees ;-) Foot's still not better, going to the doc tomorrow! Thanks, Kimbra!

      Delete