Saturday, May 24, 2014

Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (49)


Ten Things of Thankful


I'm so tired. Today I spent way too much time running around, and I know that the next two weeks won't be much better. There's going to be much cleaning, packing, organizing, unpacking, furnish, etc. But then it will be over, a journey of 20 months complete. But until we are at that point, there are many things to be thankful for this week:

1. One of my best friend getting her hubby back on June 3!! We learned during our vacation that their second application for compassionate reassignment was accepted by the Army, and now they have a date for their reunion. I could not be happier for them!!  Oh, and in the midst of all that stress, she passed her college finals and is on her best way to help provide a great future for their family.

2.  The sounds of spring. We have a few ponds near our house and meadows all around it, so there's tons of birds singing, frogs quacking, and insects humming around. I'll miss these sounds once we move!

3. The floors being installed! It looks so nice, finally, no concrete floors any more :-)

4. Hubby being such a great partner in shopping for stuff for the house. Bought literally all the light fixtures today, and he was so involved. I'd hate to pick out everything by myself. This way, it'll totally by OUR home!

5. Violet seeming to go through somewhat of a development spurt right now. I feel as if she's been making big progress this last week, and I'm truly, truly thankful for that!

6. Getting to spend some time with a friend browsing the baby basar to pick up some stuff for our babies and having lunch. I don't get enough grown-up girls' time!

7. My colleague offering to help us out during the move. We definitely can use every pair of hands.

8. Hubby being concerned about my general education and got Pulp Fiction for me. Finally, I may get some of the related jokes!

9. This wonderful hand-crafted ice cream at my go-to place. They always have a surprise flavor, and the nice guy in front of me, who got it let me try it. I have to say, I'm not a fan of bananas, but this banana chocolate ice cream (that's at least what I think it was) was delicious!

10. Having a place that's called home, which isn't actually a place but anywhere I am with my loved ones. We've moved so much in the last years, this will be our 5th move in our 8 years of marriage. In every place we've made memories, and it was difficult to leave, but I was fine because got to go with the most precious people in my life. Having my family is something I'm thankful for from the moment I wake up to the second I fall asleep. And when I sleep, too!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

20 comments:

  1. 5 moves in 8 years? No wonder you can't wait to get into that house! Don't get yourself too tired. Baby Boy won't like it! I so look forward to hearing all about the new house when you get settled. Pictures? Will there be pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure will be pictures, Dyanne! Yes, we've moved a lot and therefore I'm glad that this will be the last move for a long, long time. I hate living in an unsettled home!!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh you are SO nearly there. Hang on in there and you can relaxxxx and start getting comfy in your new place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait, Lizzi! I so wished everything would be over already. Just hate living in a chaos like that!! Just another week and it's hopefully settling down..

      Have a good start into this new week!

      Delete
  3. spankin new home... you guys have been laboring on this one for such a time... its gonna be fab when youre finally there for good! How wonderful for your friends too... I dont know how some people stay together when the military and all that separation is involved. Im with Dyanne... will there be pictures of the new place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Zoe, once we're in there, we're just going to be exhausted. There's still some stuff to do (like paving the way from the street to our house, the back yard, etc.) but I think by this time next year, things will be a lot different. Can't wait until there's finally a real "neighborhood". There will be pictures of the new place soon, Zoe!

      I am really, really thankful that hubby got out of the Army when he did back when Lily was born. I so feel for our friends and their family; but finally, he's going to be home soon!!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. What great news for your friend! One of the groomsmen in our wedding has been deployed twice for one year each time. It is so difficult for both the service man and his spouse/children.
    Pulp Fiction is a great movie. Horrifying at times, but a great movie.
    It's a lot of work, but how happy you will be to finally, FINALLY be in your home. We moved 5 times in the first 6 years of our marriage, and you are completely correct. It doesn't matter where you live, as long as you have your family with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our friends have been separated for nearly 3 years now, because the Army decided to screw with them over and over again. So glad Richard got out back when he did!

      I can't wait until the move is over. Installing the light fixtures was a fail today, so we might have to ask my parents if they come over and help us out. But at least our "big" bathroom is all cleaned up now and ready to clean people (after lights, shower rod, etc. are all installed of course). Can't wait for everything to be over an settled!

      Delete
  5. "well, allow me to retort!"*
    How exciting! Massive amount of work notwithstanding, to move in to a brand-new-never-been-lived-by-anyone house! no scuff or scraps, quirks (all house have 'em) to be discovered! And…and! with a new house smell.
    sounds like a good week

    *one of too many fun movie quotes from Pulp Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Clark, I had to watch the movie in German, because the DVD was weird, so I missed that quote :-) Honestly, I wouldn't build a house any more, way too much stress, waiting, annoyances, etc. Can't wait to be finally in there!!

      Delete
  6. What a good week. I love when people do little nice things like the person in front of you at the ice cream place - the world needs more moments like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely, Lisa! It was very nice of him, I actually only asked him how it tasted, and he just offered to let me try. Hope to find that flavor again some time!

      Delete
  7. I hope you are having an amazing weekend sweet friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jen! It was busy and productive. Can't wait for the moving craze to be finally over!!

      Delete
  8. What a nice list! I love the sounds of spring too (the other night there was a VERY loud frog on our shutters!). The floors sound great, and the hubby helping pick stuff out sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with the floors, Cyndy, and I don't think I've ever seen hubby this involved in IKEA shopping :-) I'm glad he made decisions for the house like that, makes me ever more excited about everything!!

      We're SO going to miss all those nature noises from the meadow behind the house. Hope the construction noise won't be too bad once we move :-)

      I hope you had a great start into this new week!!

      Delete
  9. "Compassionate reassignment"...boy, that term clearly suggests the level of sacrifice and commitment military families make for their country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This family definitely did more than their share. If anyone, they deserve this assignment, and I'm so glad that I could do my part to get my friend's husband home to his family!! Thank you so much for stopping by, May!

      Delete
  10. I love your definition of home. It is so true. As the old cliche says, "home is where the heart is"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This saying definitely couldn't be closer to the truth, Kate!

      Delete