Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (86)


Ten Things of Thankful


Even though I'm not much around these days, I still wouldn't want to miss my end-of-the-week meditation on all the wonderful things in my life during the previous 7 days. It's become a ritual in my life, and I'd miss it; reflecting about all the good things in our lives is something that more people should do in order to not only improve their lives but also help create a better world. So, at this point, a big fat THANK YOU to the wonderful Lizzi for creating this wonderful place of thankfulness on the internets!

This week's ten thankfuls:

1. Getting to celebrate 7 years of mommyhood, aka Happy 7th Birthday to our big girl, Lily!!  It was a wild ride with challenges, lots of locking heads, even more love, cuddles, and the proudest moments I could imagine. I love you so much, my big girl!

2. Getting to take my mom to be pampered. She told me that she had Thursday off and needed a hair cut BADLY but didn't want her usual hairdressers to try their luck again, so I took her to mine that I'm quite happy with. We had a great time in town and later at home.

3. My appointment with my physical therapist. There's just no words that describe having your back fat be torn off your vertebrae to prepare your back for the proper exercises. Maybe OUCH!!!!!! gets close. But I'm already feeling the benefits of the treatment, once the pain had subsided.

4. Watching children's shows from my childhood with the girls, with Lily's head cuddled up on my shoulder and a large cup of cappuccino in my hand.

5. Wide, toothless baby smiles.

6. Spontaneous, last-minute inspirations to a scavanger hunt that Lily wanted so badly for her birthday party.

7. Surviving said birthday party with 10 girls between the ages of 4 and 7. 'Nuff said.

8. Hubbie taking over first shift of getting up with Calvin both days this weekend! Got to sleep in as late as 7 am; yay me  :-)

9.Lily making 3rd place in their school's reading competition. So proud of her!!!

10. Feedback from the intervention between Lily and her friend last week: The other mom told me this week that Lily's friend told her that she thinks I'm nice. Mission of reconciling the girls without drama accomplished big time!!

Have a great new week, everyone!!!

16 comments:

  1. you ARE nice!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!!!! #3... OUCH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ivy! "Nice" is usually not an attribute I'd claim for myself :-) I hope you had a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Ivy!
    Happy birthday to Lily! A birthday AND a reading award in one week? You go, girl!
    I hope whatever they did to your back makes it better, because OW!
    When my kids were young, we would watch old Disney movies and eat popcorn for supper on Sunday evenings, because when I was little, that's what we would do, except we'd be watching Wonderful World of Disney. My kids have seen all those goofy Kirk Russell movies and Don Knotts movies and ones like Three Lives of Thomasina (which still makes me cry). Enjoy those little ones!
    Hi, Calvin xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The physical therapist was detaching my under-skin tissue from the skin covering the bones to make the exercises effective. It was SO painful!!!

      Your Sunday evening traditions sounds wonderful! Popcorn for dinner, wow :-)

      Calvin says "hi", too, and then babbles and drools some more to Auntie Dy :-)

      I hope you had the best week!

      Delete
  3. I love that you get to spend so much time with your Mom. I am sure that time is really special. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate the time with my mom as well. I wished you'd had more time with your mom, dear Jen. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. HB L!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztoSUhbNntQ

    hope that comes through

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the wide toothless baby smiles bit! :) :)

    My birthday wishes too!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pooja! I enjoy the toothless smiles as long as they last :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to Lily! I love #4 - I so enjoy sharing childhood loves with Kidzilla - shows, movies, books. It's fun. Hooray on #10 - that is such a great victory for everyone involved.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Lisa! The girls are friends again, and have solved their issues themselves; mission accomplished :-)

      Sharing our childhood with the kids is definitely wonderful!!

      Hope you had a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  7. Happy belated birthday to your precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susannah!!! I hope you have a great time with your family!!

      Delete