Monday, June 8, 2015

The Joys Of Parenting - Of Pee And Company

Last week, my sister posted this video on her Facebook page:



Even though this response to a dirty diaper is a little more extreme than with most, all parents, whether of two-legged or four-legged kids, have their stories to tell about the blow-outs, the spills, and the spit-up. 

My personal top three stories:

1. All babies pee, and baby boys even pee with a hose!  Calvin had fun with it one morning during his first diaper change, not only peeing on his clothes but also me, the rug, the towel I used to change him on, and his HAIR. The Facebook response was great!
(c) Life, Unexpectedly

2. Lily has a long-standing nickname - which she has EARNED: Poopie. On occasion she asks us why she's Poopie, and it never gets old to tell her the stories. Of her very first Mother's Day present to me, a diaper filled to the brim just for ME. Of how she pooped right onto my hand during my first EVER diaper change. Of midnight baths after epic blowouts. and most of all of the diaper explosions that funneled poop out the back of the diaper up into her hair and dripping out of her sleeves. And her smiles just after one of those poops. I will never forget those!

3. We were lucky enough that none of our children ever spit up a lot. I know people who had to change their baby's outfits several times a day; for us, it was only the change from pyjamas to their day clothes in the morning and back into jammies at night - unless blow-outs happened. Thus, I did not suspect anything when I lifted baby Violet up over my head to let her "fly" around high over my head. Just when I lifted her up and over my head and looked up to her with my mouth open, she sit up. Right. Into. My. Mouth. I was too shocked to react, I think I just froze. And hubby, who got to witness this didn't know whether to roll on the floor laughing to be absolutely disgusted. I don't remember what he decided to do, I think I was just way too shocked.


I bet you have your very own stories up your sleeve, so feel free to share!

6 comments:

  1. I totally have my fair share of stories from both my girls and even recently wrote about recalling a few of the more eventful ones, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oh boy! So many stories I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so many, Jen! And the weird thing is that even though the stories are gross, they are also absolutely funny :-)

      Delete
  3. I am always jealous of people who have babies who don't spit up. All of mine did, and a couple were completely ridiculous about it. Not only did the baby get changed many times a day (and night!), but I had to change many times, too.
    I think I've already written about the most horrifying poo and pee stories in our family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really, really lucky with all three kiddos. Calvin had a couple of huge projectile spit-ups after nursing all night long.. The dangers of co-sleeping :-) But glad the baby got rid of everything that he didn't need at that point.

      Delete