I didn't participate in the TToT last week. There were various reasons why, the most prominent being that I was just too tired and exhausted. This week I barely made it through Friday, and I don't expect next week to be any different. The dark season isn't for me any more, I suppose.. But this is in no way meant to be a whiny post, since it's all about being thankful and positive!
My Ten Thankfuls for these last two weeks!
1. Calvin being alright after his little accident and trip to the emergency room. Last Saturday, he fell and came up with a pretty bad cut on his forehead, so the girls were deposited at our neighbors' house and Richard and I took the little guy to the ER. He received excellent care, and we were out again within 30 minutes after arriving.
2. Our neighbors once again for taking in the girls and caring for them after I rang the door bell with a very bloody Calvin shortly after 6pm. With no family around, we'd be lost without our wonderful neighbors and friends nearby.
3. Finally finding some energy (and time) to organize little corners of chaos in our home. Everything feels much more peaceful right away.
4. The little wool store in Erlangen. Entering this little store just makes me so happy, and the owner is such a nice lady, always helping me with my questions and providing patterns for some projects I may be capable of.
6. Waking up to the first snow. The girls were thrilled and Calvin positively confused.
7. Getting to buy up all of Lily's crafts at the seasonal fund-raiser at Lily's school (tying in with: candles!!!)
8. A hot shower at the end of a stressful day.
9. My mom's hoarding tendencies. Got a free ironing board out of it :-)
10. Back-rubs from hubby!